Friday, January 22, 2010

My Chicken Divan

Chicken Divan is one of those things that everyone seems to have their own recipe/variation for. This is my version (technically my mom's I guess) - nothing fancy, just a plate of creamy goodness. My roommates loved when I made this in college, or rather, they loved fighting over the leftovers.

Note: This is the no-holds-barred/guilty pleasure/in no way diet-friendly/full-fat version. While its super easy to lighten up (using light soups and cheese), if you are really going to enjoy it this is the way to go :)

Chicken Divan

Ingredients

1 lb. fresh broccoli, chopped and steamed til fork-tender
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups hot cooked rice

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.

2. Spread broccoli onto bottom of pan. Top with chicken.

3. In a medium bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and milk. Whisk to combine. Pour over the top of chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle cheese on top.

4. Bake 35-40 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve over prepared rice.

* There are lots of different ways to serve this...sometimes I actually include the cooked rice in the casserole, adding it as a layer between the broccoli and chicken, just for convenience. Its also delicious with some dried bread crumbs (mixed with a little melted butter) sprinkled over the top of the cheese. And, if you really want to go all out, serve the casserole in prepared puff pastry shells. DE-lightful.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I still think of you every time I make this (it's a favorite of my family, by the way). Delish! The site looks great too! I'm so impressed with how many recipes you already have on here. Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails