Cheesy potatoes? Yes, please! And its no secret that Cracker Barrel makes the best ones. Since there isn't one close by though, we make do with this pretty good copy-cat recipe!
1 26 oz. bag frozen shredded hash browns
2 cups shredded Colby cheese
½ cup minced onion
1 cup milk
½ cup beef broth
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
dash garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In large bowl, combine hash browns, cheese, and onion.
3. Combine milk, broth, half the melted butter, and seasonings in another bowl. Mix until well blended, then pour over hash browns and mix well.
4. Heat remaining butter in a skillet. Spoon in hash browns. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
5. Place in a lightly greased baking dish and bake 45-60 min. or until surface is golden brown.