Thursday, January 14, 2010

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

I have to thank Marci for sharing this recipe on her recipe blog. I remember trying Tilapia once years ago and not liking it, and so avoided it ever since. But after reading her rave review on this recipe, I decided to give it another try and I'm glad I did! The fish cooks perfectly but the sauce is what it makes it fantastic!

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
from Marci, who jazzed it up a bit from an Allrecipes.com version

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. celery seed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 pounds tilapia fillets (I don't know how much 2 lbs. is, I just use 4 fillets for Adam and I)

Directions

1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.

2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add spices: dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt (and garlic powder and red pepper flakes). Mix well and set aside.

3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.

4. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails