Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tilapia Tacos

I know I promised to do better but yet for this one I have neither a picture nor an exact recipe. What is my problem? I'm trying to be conscious about writing down everything as I cook, and it still doesn't happen.

This one I do regret not writing down exact measurements because these tacos actually turned out pretty good. I used tilapia because we had some in the freezer, but I was nervous about it since its really not my favorite fish. but I'm happy to report that it cooked up nicely and had good flavor.

So, once again, you get the general idea of how I created these :(

Tilapia Tacos with Chipotle Cream

For the fish:

1/2 lb (3 fillets) of tilapia
1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, smashed and roughly chopped
handful of cilantro
cumin (1/2 - 1 tsp)
Creole seasoning (about 2 tsp.)
olive oil (1-2 Tbsp.)
lime juice (1-2 Tbsp)

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the lime juice. Let marinate for several hours (I mixed it in the morning and let it refrigerate all day).

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add lime juice to the fish and stir to combine. Add fish and marinade to the skillet and saute until fish is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
I then kept the marinade ingredients in the pan a little longer after we took the fish out, to cook the onion and garlic. You don't have to consume these - I didn't - but Adam added them to his tacos and he liked it.


Chipotle cream:

1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 -2 Tbsp. adobo sauce (depending on how much you like)
1 Tbsp. green chile sauce (I just added this in at the last minute because we had some leftover)

Combine all ingredients.

To serve:

We enjoyed these in homemade, crispy corn tortilla shells, with the chipotle sauce, lettuce, tomato, Monterey Jack cheese, and avocado.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails