Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Thai Stir Fry

This was the last of my Newbie Week recipes (yeah, just a little late in posting it), and its actually something I just put together with some fresh vegetable and a few ingredients we had on hand.


I was initally just going to use the vegetables in my freezer (from Costco), but then I found all kinds of great veggies on sale last week so I changed plans and went with all fresh ones. I'm only a stir-fry fan when I can pick and choose what veggies to put in it :)
With the addition of some udon noodles we picked up at the Japanese market, this was a great, easy meal (and pretty too!)


Sweet Thai Stir Fry

Ingredients

Sweet Thai Sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar

*Note: This makes a lot of sauce - too much for the amount of vegetables I used. I maybe only used about half for this stir-fry, we used some as a dipping sauce for wontons, and the rest a few days later on coating some chicken wings that we baked.

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
6-8 cups fresh vegetables, sliced or chopped (I used 2 small broccoli crowns, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1/2 lb. of white mushrooms, 1/4 lb. snow peas, and 1/2 small yellow onion)
6 oz. udon (or other) noodles, cooked and drained

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Mix well to combine. Set aside.

2. In a wok or large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, green onion, and red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add all vegetables and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add desired amount of sauce to the vegetables and stir to coat. Mix in a little cornstarch slurry (1 tsp. cornstarch plus 1 Tbsp. water) if desired, to thicken sauce. Toss in noodles and serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails