Tuesday, February 2, 2010

California Chicken

No picture for this one. So sorry. I forgot to take one until half my plate was in my belly and well, obviously too late.

This could almost be put in the "no recipe needed" category because it was so simple. My review? Just okay. Nothing spectacular. A good way to use up some avocado that was not going to last much longer.

California Chicken
idea from Allrecipes.com

But of course I made some enhancements so I'll share the basics of what I did...sorry this isn't going to be an exact recipe!

1. I combined the following in a large bowl and let marinate all day:
8 chicken tenderloins
a little olive oil
a few tablespoons of lime juice
a handful of cilantro
2 garlic cloves, sliced
salt and pepper

2. Added a little olive oil to a large skillet, removed the chicken from the marinade and added it to the pan, and sauteed until cooked through. Since I used the tenderloins they cooked up pretty quickly.

3. Chicken was placed on a baking sheet covered with foil, and each tenderloin was topped with a few slices of Roma tomato and a slice of Monterey Jack cheese. I put it under the broiler on low for a few minutes until the cheese melted .

4. Transferred the chicken to a plate and topped with some fresh, sliced avocado. Served with a side of rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails