Friday, January 27, 2012

Quinoa Fried "Rice"


I need to do a whole post on my new-found love for quinoa. This stuff is amazing! Its my new favorite "healthy eating" food, because what I miss most when trying to scale back is grains and carbs, and this one fills in for those perfectly so I never have to feel like I'm missing something! It has a nice little chewy bite to it that makes it a fantastic substitute for rice in particular, which is how I used it in this recipe.

Not only is this super easy to put together, using quinoa instead of rice makes it a really light yet hearty-feeling side dish. Feel free to sub in any veggies you prefer.


Ingredients 

2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
4 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, mined
1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
3 cups cooked quinoa
3 Tbsp. soy sauce

Directions 

1. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil and sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in peas and carrots and quinoa, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until heated through. Add soy sauce and stir to combine. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

We really love to use it too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails