Friday, January 27, 2012

Garlic and Red Pepper Shrimp


I made this shrimp to go with the Quinoa Fried "Rice" below, and it was a great complement to it. I was going to go with a simple garlic shrimp saute, but I had a red pepper I needed to use up and I was glad I did - it was a fantastic added flavor. Definitely a keeper!

Ingredients

3 Tbsp. butter
1 red pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp. parsley
1/2 lemon, juiced and zest

Directions

1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red pepper and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink. Sprinkle with parsley and add lemon juice and zest. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails