Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fresh Grape Tomato Sauce

 

I was excited to find grape tomatoes on sale at my produce store this week, and I bought a bunch because I'd been craving a fresh tomato sauce to bring a hint of summer to this cold winter. This one is perfect - so fresh and easy!

I used this one to put over some baked eggplant parm and spaghetti squash (pics of that below), but it would also be fantastic over fish or chicken or pasta.

1 Tbsp. olive oil
5 cloves garlic, smashed
2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil

 In a large skillet heat oil on high heat. Add garlic and cook until golden. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add fresh basil and cook another 5 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails