Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Nuggets



Every so often, I get a craving for buffalo wing sauce. Not the actual wings themselves, just the sauce. Weird, I know. The cravings got really bad when I was pregnant with my first child. And you can't very well just chug the sauce out of the bottle, that would be even weirder.

So to satisfy this craving, I usually end up going with some sort of boneless "wing", since I'm not a huge fan of the messy traditional ones. These little nuggets definitely satisfied a craving tonight, and what I liked most about them is that you just get the subtle wing flavor without it being too overpowering (or messy!), and the sauce adds the perfect kick to a plain nugget. This just might be how I satisfy my cravings from now on.


Ingredients

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
Vegetable oil, for frying (about 1/4 cup)
Ranch or blue cheese, for dipping

Directions

1. Combine chicken and Frank's in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least an hour (preferably a few hours).

2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and paprika. Remove chicken from sauce and toss in flour to coat, then place in skillet. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Serve with ranch or blue cheese.

Note: You can also pound the chicken out and cut into large patties, and prepare using the same directions, then place on hamburger buns to make buffalo chicken sandwiches.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails