Monday, April 25, 2011

Asian-style Chicken Noodle Soup



The story behind this soup is that I saw a recipe for something similar in a magazine in the Orlando airport and it looked so good...but I didn't buy the magazine and by the time I got home I had totally forgotten which one it was, and I couldn't stop thinking about that soup! I therefore decided to come up with my own version and see if it turned out how I was hoping it would - and luckily it did! I am a definite soup lover, but I've never been a big fan of homemade chicken noodle soup (okay I'll confess that I did consume an insane amount of the Campbell's condensed variety in college, though!), but the "Asian-style" twist turns this into something I'll be making again and again.

Ingredients

1/2 lb. (1/2 box) linguine or other noodle-type pasta
6 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. Sriracha
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
1 cup chopped cooked chicken (or more, if desired)
1/4 cup cilantro, cilantro
4 green onions, chopped
Crispy wonton skins, for garnish

Directions

1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

2. In a large pot, combine chicken broth and the next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in bok choy and chicken, and cook 3-4 minutes, until bok choy is slightly wilted. Turn off heat and add in linguine, cilantro, and green onions. Serve piping hot, garnished with crispy wonton skins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails