Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cilantro Chicken


I make this yummy chicken every so often, and every time I do I have to go find it over on Marci's blog because until now I've never bothered to put it on my own. So this last time I decided to add it here so I could access it more easily, and also because I want to share because its pretty fantastic!

The chicken bakes up nice and moist, the chips add some texture and the cilantro-infused salsa gives it great flavor. I've found you can use pretty much any salsa and it works great because of the added cilantro. Oh and don't forget the cheese cause that makes everything better!

And, I can even enjoy this when I'm counting calories...just omit the chips and top with just a little bit of cheese...still fantastic!


Ingredients

2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. honey
4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
16 oz. thick-n-chunky salsa (I didn't use it all)
2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro (I used extra)
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese

Directions 

1. Combine lime juice, honey, and oil. Dip chicken in lime juice mixture then coat with crushed chips. Place in ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.

2. Combine salsa and cilantro in a small bowl. Pour over chicken then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 more minutes or until the cheese melts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails