Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime


I was intrigued by this recipe, mostly because of the ingredients and the low calories (214 for 2 small thighs!), and was crossing my fingers that it would turn out better than my previous attempt at a mustard-sauced chicken (you can see that recipe here) , and I'm happy to report that I can definitely recommend this one! The other one I linked to is all over Pinterest and had some great reviews, but I was extremely disappointed in it. It had waaayyy too much mustard for my taste - almost inedibly so - and even my mustard-loving husband wasn't too thrilled with the end result. I still cringe just thinking about it! This one, however, had just the right hint of mustard and the lime juice worked well to complement it.

I was still a little scared after tasting all the sauce ingredients mixed together, so I added a couple tablespoons of light sour cream to the mix and was so happy with how it turned out!

Recipe posted here with my changes, but you can see the original at Skinny Taste.

Ingredients

4 chicken thighs, skin removed (keep the bone in for better results)
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. light sour cream (my addition)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 lime, squeezed, and lime zest
3/4 tsp pepper
salt
dried parsley (I used dried thyme)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse the chicken and remove the skin and all fat. Pat dry; place in a large bowl and season generously with salt.

2. In a small bowl combine Dijon, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, garlic and pepper. Mix well. Pour over chicken, tossing well to coat.

3. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place chicken to fit in a single layer. Top the chicken with dried parsley. Bake until cooked through, about 30-35 minutes. Finish the chicken under the broiler until it is golden brown. Serve chicken with the pan juices drizzled over the top.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails