An easy casserole to put together and serve a crowd.
1 (16 oz) pkg pork sausage
1 green onion, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 pkg. country gravy mix
1/2 bag frozen shredded hash browns, defrosted
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, brown and crumble the sausage. Drain the grease.
3. Combine the sausage and green onion and spread on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. *You can do this step the night before, saving time in the morning!*
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, milk and gravy mix. Pour over top of cheese. Combine hashbrowns and melted butter. Spread on top of casserole. (Note: You can also brown the hashbrowns slightly in a skillet first, and then add to the top halfway through the baking time)
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until eggs are set.