Sunday, March 18, 2012

Parm Flounder

Photo from Firebirds blog

Thanks to Becky at Firebirds Woodfired Grill (aka my aunt!) for posting this recipe on their blog. I had never had flounder before, but noticed it was so cheap at the grocery store ($1.98/lb!) that I figured it would be worth trying. Luckily I found this recipe right away to use it in, and I have to say I am a flounder fan! Its very mild-tasting, I would say similar to other white fish like sole or halibut or tilapia even. This was a great, easy intro for me and I'm now on the lookout for more flounder recipes!

Parm Flounder
from Firebirds

*Note: Their recipe includes a Tomato Basil Buerre Blanc, which I didn't do, but I bet it would be delicious on this!

Ingredients

4 - 8 oz. fillets Flounder
2 eggs
4 Tbsp. milk
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. butter

Directions

1. In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk. Combine Parmesan, Panko and garlic powder in another shallow dish.

2. Working with one fillet at a time, dip fish into egg mixture and then into Parm mixture. Coat evenly. Place on clean dish.

3. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Fry fish until golden brown on one side, about 2-3 minutes, then flip and fry until other side is golden brown.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails