A little less time-consuming than a traditional lasagna, with all the same taste! I went with a spinach and mushroom combination for these, but you can use any filling you want...next time I'm going with a chicken and alfredo mix!
8 lasagna noodles
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
10 oz. cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
2 oz. (1/4 block) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. dried basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 (26 oz) jar marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
3. In a medium skillet,combine olive oil and Worcestershire sauce over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine spinach, Ricotta, cream cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Mix well and season with basil, salt and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture.
5. Lay out lasagna noodles on parchment paper or foil. Spread about 2-3 Tbsp. filling across each noodle, leaving about 1" free on one end. Roll up noodle over filling, then place seam side down in a square baking dish. Top with marinara sauce and remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted and golden, about 25 minutes.